8.08.2008

Wonderfully Witty Words

For you Suzanne...


The protector of all
creatures big and small
That sure is our Suze
while her BMW is on cruise.

A vegetarian we all adore
Never has to buy Roses from a store
At any age she is a Hottie,
Happy Birthday to our # 1 BLOTTIE!!!

Love you,
Gig, your "favorite princess"


I am sitting here at work,
Trying to pass some time.
I am thinking of some words,
And trying to make them rhyme.

The wound cultures came a plenty,
But the urine, it was light.
My poem I wrote for Blottie,
May give us all a fright.

I am sitting here giving service,
To armed service men and women,
While visions of sweet roses
In my head be a swimmin’

Yes, this poem may be far fetched,
Like it’s not from this planetarium.
But what do you expect,
Since Suzanne is a vegetarian.

I’m sorry I’m not as language savvy
As our good friend George Dubya,
But you can’t blame me
For not driving a BMW.

Instead I drive a Nissan.
Yes, Japan is where it was made.
But it doesn’t change the fact,
That today is Suzanne’s Birthday.

So let’s all have a great big party.
Let’s get this show on the road,
And lie to me and tell me it’s good,
Even though this poem just blows.

Love,
Cecile


Ode to a Beautiful Blogger Buddy
She’s not like every blogger you meet,
I probably wouldn’t notice her on the street.

But I did notice her one-of-a-kind style,
At her comments I always did smile.

She don’t look like no septuagenarian,
She ain’t even close cuz’ she’s a vegetarian.

She takes the cake for being a hottie,
No wonder Just Bob made her a Blottie.

She is compassionate, naughty, and sweet,
Her garden rocks and her house looks very neat.

Her roses look like they came out of Sunset Magazine,
I just want to sit in her garden, and dream…

She’s artistic but can’t drive all that well,
Her BMW got smashed from what I could tell.

But I’d let Suzanne drive me around,
I’d wear a helmet in case we hit the ground.

Today is her birthday so don’t start to cry,
Get Suzanne a drink, her glass is dry.

Let’s all sing Happy Birthday and par-tay,
Make her day special in our own insane way!!!

Love,
Random Chick

P.S. For those of you who'd like to contribute your perfectly pathetic poetry, send me an email and I'll add it here: me.random.chick@gmail.com.

9 comments:

Cece said...

Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! I'll comment more when I'm through with work.

INNER VOICES said...

GAHHHH... all this time ive been over at the onion letting naked midgets run loose and everything...damn


*shrugs shoulders and heads for the bar*


happy birthday!!

just bob said...

Everyone has been great
that's easy to state.
Their words have great meaning
Suzanne should be beaming.
Not much more to say
than to add Happy Blottieday.

CSI Seattle said...

This is a serious celebration. Well, Happy Birthday Suzanne! How cool is this?

Hope your day is great.

B

Kookaburra said...

Yaay!! It's part-tay time!!!

Have a fantabu;ous Birthday,Suizanne.

I'll have a strawberry daiquiri please, Bob

Kookaburra said...

Whoops look at how i spelt that!

I think I'd better pass on the daiquiri and have a beer instead ;p

just bob said...

Mark... don't make me cut you off!!!

Suzanne said...

OH...MY...GOD! I just got off the phone with Cece and look what I find. She's here and so are all of you. Oh...MY...GOD!

IV ~ Thanks baby. Honey, you have to serve yourself. No fists a flyin' no nothin', just walk back there and pick the prettiest bottle. Good luck with that! Love you and thanks my dear friend.
~~~
Just Bob ~ This is an amazing day because of all of you. I wouldn't trade this for the world. I am beaming. Trust me. I can't even imagine 50! This is insane. But in a really, really good way!!!
~~~
Brian, yup, it is. We ended up with some of the best bloggers on the planet. Somehow, someway, they found me and I am forever grateful. This is the amazing birthday I didn't want to celebrate, but so thankful it arrived. I wouldn't change a single thing.

We miss you terribly. Just so you know.

XO
~~~

Mark,

You crack me up. I love you to bits. Come here honey so I can wrap my arms around you. Jo won't be jealous, she knows I love her equally!!! Thank you.

~~~

Just Bob,

Thanks for taking care of all our dear friends. Love you.

Suzanne said...

OH MY GOD!!! FORGOT TO COMMENT ON THE ACTUAL POST. Gig, Cece and RC, please forgive me. That is just awful. Every poem is wonderful and the effort you put into yours, appreciated. I don't remember much about the phone conversation with Cece because I was loopy from all the drinks everyone was handing me, but do remember her asking "How'd you like my poem?" I replied, "I like it but it doesn't rhyme." She said "IT ALL RHYMES!!! DID YOU READ IT?" Me "Yup." Cece "Well read it again." Yup, on further attention to detail, it rhymes!!! Sorry honey!!!

Thank you one and all for taking the time to rhyme and find words that make my heart sing. Cece and I were also discussing words and her unusual use of them. She said "I didn't want something all sappy because I thought everyone else would be, but they weren't, so I should have been." Classic Cece.

I love you three. Thank you for making my birthday so special and for taking the time to compose a poem. You know I'll cherish them!!

Love and thanks,
Suze XO